9.

Today is the 14th.

Avril is three quarter of a year old.

She is a friendly little baby girl who smiles and talks to strangers, she likes to scream at the top of her lungs, stand on her own, crawl (not so much), she loves dogs, prefers finger food to you feeding her, still loves her milk, sleeps like a champion - legs open wide, snores sometimes with a 101 sleeping position, you can always get a smile from her when she wakes up and after she finishes her milk.  She is a mini chatterbox I can carry around everywhere, I haven't weigh her for a while but her estimated weight is about 9.5kg, she has long limbs and she enjoy going on holidays, she is a water baby.



When I was pregnant with Avril, I remembered telling my Mother-In-Law, I'm not going to sleep with my baby, she can practice independence and sleep on her own.  We have a baby monitor!  She snorted and told me "you wait and see", yeah, truth was, I could bear to be apart from her at all! (Always listen to your mothers) I didn't read up about skin-to-skin contact, I didn't have confidence in breast feeding.  I didn't know how to make formula milk, how to change diapers and that I could stretch myself so far and wide.



I didn't know that I had so much patience for a tiny little person who has absolutely no clue about what's going on except to feed and to sleep. I was half expecting myself to give up and throw the white towel in. Nine months in, I am still doing what I do everyday, there are times where my mind and body tells me that this is it, this is the limit.  But my heart never listens.

 
The first time she laughed, the first time she said "Mama", the first time she sat up on her own, the first time she crawled, the first time she stood on her own, the first time she clapped and wave.. all these are such precious memories to keep.  I hope one day when I'm real pissed with her I can summon enough patience to recall all these happy memories - that should save her.

 
Children.. they are such blessings to our life.  They change us completely, from within. 
 
Thank you Avril, for being here.  Thank you for changing my life.
 
I love you sweetheart, happy 9 months old! :)

Comments

Popular Posts