Pregnant again - 26 weeks


I am 26 weeks into my second pregnancy, I still get told that my stomach is almost invisible or that it is so small! I still don't have an appropriate answer to that. Is that a compliment or am I to worry? The last we check, baby J was 800 odd grams (extremely healthy at 24 weeks old), I'm not worried for him but for myself judging from the amount of ice cream I consume on a daily basis. 

Most of the time I shrug and answer awkwardly "Haha Ya." 

There is absolutely no such thing as a pregnant woman glow. There is an enlarged round nose, a big bulky stomach, extra stretch marks (used to call them my battle scars now I call them sacrifice of a mom), big butt, sore muscles and a decreasing wardrobe. Don't even get me started on leg cramps, varicose veins, extra heat and pregnancy gingivitis. Avril smack me across my gums accidentally this afternoon (not very forcefully and almost instantly I tasted blood in my mouth). 

I cannot help but lament to Papa J all the time now. 

"The only thing I must love about pregnancy is big (um, bigger) breast."

The initial butterflies fluttering tiny kicks from your unborn child is so cute and heartwarming.. Until they start elbowing you and making you yelp in pain. 

Having said all of that, I must admit, pregnancy is the easiest part of motherhood. No, really.. 


The easiest. 

Have a great weekend ahead! ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts