BIG ONE. PART ONE.

3 weeks away from Avril's First Birthday Party, I panicked.  I didn't have my cake booked, no buffet ordered, no decorations planned out.  I didn't even have the slightest idea on what was going to happen.  I only knew I invited guests over to our house for a party on the 10th March 2013.

When the date got nearer, I knew I had to be doing something because I intended for her cake to be the highlight of the Party (aside of her) so that got my lazy bones to making phone calls and replying emails..

Thankfully, my dear friend Jolyn had some Balloon Decorations Lobang.  I was skeptical at first because I usually do my own decorations for the parties I hold and I knew it was not going to be cheap - Well, it isn't if you compare the prices of the balloons you can purchase from the Party stores out there and actually hiring help, but I admit, I needed help.  I couldn't possibly do everything myself now that I have to care for Avril at the same time.  So I engaged the services of Inflate - The Balloon Company to decorate the place for me.

I have some professional pictures from my Photographer but I thought Darius's pictures looked better - he could be a photographer anytime.  His pictures were so brilliantly taken!




I've always wanted to have an arch somewhere in the house for Photography purposes, we decided on the main door because it turns out the arch was going to be bigger then I imagined, the rain destroyed my balloons decorations outdoors but I count myself lucky I have pictures as keepsake.  They looked so beautiful.  My guest were impressed with the decorations! I am also sure it has something to do with my choice of the colours... Hehehe.

I got my Photographer from Cinography and they charged me 350SGD for 3 hours of service.

I was so worried that the pictures would turn out disastrous because of my bad wedding photography experience.  My worries were unfounded, I love how Avril's birthday pictures turned out!

Guest started coming slowly so here are some pictures that I really love.


First Family Photo of the day. :)  
 My beautiful baby girl!

 
I couldn't help exclaiming at Sheryl and Gerald's gift because wow! WOW! WOW! It's a freaking PINK ROCKING BIKE. LIKE HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS GIFT.  It is so Sheryl, she keeps bugging me to dress Avril up in more girly wear, flowers, ribbons and all.. I'm like ......... I'm not like that! Best present of the year! Thanks for the thought! Also, they were so sweet to help me with the buffet and cake. I have such wonderful friends *sob sob*

 
We bought this banner at the party store for 19SGD and I printed some baby pictures of Avril the night before and came up with this at the eleventh hour. 


 
My side of the family arrived, look at my Grandpop - like a boss.
Uncle Oli giving Avril a birthday kiss! So sweet!
 


I love this picture! Papa J looks like a supermodel dad - maybe the government can hire him to be the spokesperson for their "GIVE BIRTH TO MORE BABY" campaign!  Pretty images of parenthood doesn't make parenting a bed of roses.. just so you know. ;)


Someone looks grouchy!

Biting!
 
 
Sneaking in a quick family picture!
 
 
With Aunty Susan and family, Uncle James & Aunty Jenny.

 
Raymond and Jolyn!

 
FAMILY!

 
Jasper!
 

 
FAMILY!
 
Huat ah! Ok, I shall end my post here since this is the last picture of Avril in her first outfit - I'll post pictures and details of her Cake soon!
 
Gonna have dinner and crash, so tired.  Papa J is home!! Wee!

Comments

Popular Posts