Carrara Market, Gold Coast

You know, it is amazing how a pregnant woman's waistline just SUDDENLY expands overnight.  Well, I feel like I just grew 2 inches after dinner and durians as desert. I officially feel pregnant and am worrying about not fitting into my clothes anymore.  Seems like it's almost time to bring down my dreaded pile of "Pregnant" Clothes tucked away in the dark store room not so far away.

Back to the second day of our trip!


 
Papa J whipped up some eggs and ham for breakfast while I prepared her porridge to take out so we could minimize the amount of junk food she was taking in.  For such a short trip, we really tried to eat at home as much as we could but it was such a chore having to wash up after that.  Especially when we had her bottles and plenty more stuff to pack up at the same time.  We gave up after the second day because we'd very much rather spend our time out exploring or resting after a whole day out. Time is so precious because their days end so early!

 
I packed tiny Barney along with us on our trip and it was a wise choice.  She carefully tucks barney beside her when she sits in the stroller and it was great distraction when she gets cranky.
 
Her dress from H&M, long pants from Tommy Hilfiger and pink boots from Taiwan.
 
I love the weather because it allows me to dress her up more then usual and I had people commenting on how cute her boots were. (Also, my dress. Thanks. Haha!)
 
 
A very kind vendor offered to take a family picture for us.

 
Newly purchased Raybans look-alike. 15AUD for 2 pairs! What a steal!


 
The Carrara Market reminded us of the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok, only in excellent weather and in higher currency.  Haha! A lot smaller but yeah, you get the drift, there were aisles of art and crafts, women fashion, accessories etc.  It was a great morning! It is a weekend market so be sure to check their opening days before heading down!

 
Running around as usual, there was a pony ride booth and she was happily chasing the pony around.

 

 
Papa J spending some really quality time with his precious. It was so heartwarming to watch them bond during the trip.  No phones, no emails, no distractions.  Just you, me and baby. I'm sure she will grow up to be a daddy's girl.  

 


 
While Avril took a nap, we decided to sit down for a tea-break.  I told Papa J I wanted Pizza because I thought they sold it in slices.  They don't.  We took home 2 slices and finished the rest.  This wasn't even supposed to be a meal.  OZ was just making us put on weight!
 
We didn't have any solid plans for the first 2 days because we wanted to take it easy and just see how things goes.  It was a bad idea because we ended up at Harbour Town shopping again! That place is evil! We shopped the whole afternoon away and headed back to the apartment for some homecooked food - instant noodles. Tasted like heaven in such cold weather!
 
We usually shop while Avril is taking her long afternoon nap so she's not so affected by our craziness.  In Singapore, she could barely sleep for an hour if I take her out (and she has to be in the carrier), but in Gold Coast, she slept in the stroller - NO FUSS and like a dead log and we have to put on a personal parade to wake her up! God, life was SO easy!!
 
Tip for parents taking Toddler on holiday:
 
1. Buy a baby leash
2. Pack more milk - Avril drank more milk because at some meals, she was refusing solids - she only wants to eat our fries but after 2-3 SMALL fries (That's our limit), we would stop trying to make her eat.
3. Bring stroller hooks/cup holders on strollers - saves you the trouble of trying to balance holding a cup and pushing a stroller and gives you an extra hand, trust me - it is important.
 
Honestly, we didn't struggle with her much besides the plane ride and well, trying to keep her out of the kitchen. She was  so good I don't mind being on a holiday with her my whole life.
 

Comments

Popular Posts