New start, same life.

The welcoming of a new year is not for parents with a young baby. We literally were knocked out before midnight, there was absolutely nothing close to a count-down party.

The past 2 weeks, Avril has been extending her bed-time and attending night parties to celebrate the festive. I am glad that this year, we have a mini additional to our family. She is growing to know what she wants and not want, what she likes and hates. She is a picky eater, well not in my sense, in the "hey if this has no taste you better not serve it up my plate" kinda thing.

She is also starting to be very sociable, waving and clapping constantly, reacts like a dancing queen to music, excited and pointing at things she shows interest at or something she has never seen before.

Well, I've been told this is the best age they are at, they can't run away from you yet so you still have control over their tiny little bodies but they know how to play and respond.

I certainly know I can't wait for her to be walking and running but I know better by now to be careful what I wish for.

Back to entering a new year, I know how people makes resolutions and all, in fact. That's what I do every year, but I must say.. They almost never work out. Either that, or they make it through half the year and they go out the window.

Last year, I was filled with expectations of myself being a mother. This year, I just hope nobody looks at my parenting methods, please don't judge me. Haha. It really isn't easy until you have to fill the shoes of being responsibility for a tiny one that you love so much. I have developed a very special relationship with Avril. I love her like there isn't tomorrow and I cherish all my moments with her because I know I can't take things for granted, anytime I am required to rejoin the work force to lessen my husband's load, I will.

I must say, it hasn't been easy. The past 1 year. Emotional roller coaster, trying to work things out, untying knots in our hearts, learning to accommodate and understand, having to juggle work, life, family (for papa J), the willingness to sacrifice without complains etc. I must say, I have never pictured us like that before.

If you know us, we are quite the crazy couple I guess, in our young days not so far away. Today, I tell myself.. God must have known we would be parents young, that's why he started us early. We had or fair share of fun, we really did.

I told Papa J today, you know what? We had a good 4 years odd of being together "just us" but you have to admit it was getting dull.. Just us. Maybe life isn't gonna give us fresh lemons to make lemonade for the next few years while we try to make more babies (one shot), but I am confident that by the time we hit 30, we will both be successful and our children will have absolutely nothing to worry about. I have faith in us; and that's what is most important in a persons life. Dream.

I often think that being a mother took away the drive and ambition in me.. But it's not true. I still have it in me, it's just brewing, awaiting for the right time and opportunity. My time will come, I am fairly sure.




















Comments

Popular Posts